Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Big.


The Little.

This is Ryan's nickname for Caroline.

Well... she is now going to be called "The Big."

I wanted to blog to let everyone know that The Big slept in her very own big girl bed last night.

I am so proud!

She fell asleep on the couch watching Big Brother with me.

I took her upstairs and slowly placed her in her bed.

I woke up at 12 and checked on her. She was fine.

Ryan woke me up at 3:30 because she was yelling "MOMMY!"

It wasn't a scream.

It wasn't a cry.

It was a yell that meant COME HERE NOW!

I walked in her room.

She was standing on her bed holding something.

My eyes were adjusting and I couldn't see what it was.

I asked her what was wrong.

She said, "I tee tee."

I got closer and she had tee-teed in her pull-up and had taken it off.

She handed it to me.

I cleaned her up and put on a dry pull-up.

"Would you like to come get in the bed with Mommy and Daddy?"

"NO!"

She laid back down in her bed.

"Mommy. Me."

"Would you like Mommy to lay down with you in your big girl bed?"

"Aye!" This means yes.

I laid down with her for about 2 minutes and she was back asleep.

I went in her bedroom this morning at 8 and woke her up for school.

I don't know who was more proud... me or her.

I think she was shocked that she was still in her big girl bed.

One night down... many more to go.

Hopefully it will continue to be this easy.

Caroline... The Big.

~*I forgot to take a picture. I will take one of her this afternoon when she gets home from school. I want everyone to see The Big in her new big girl bed!*~

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

This is quite a victory for all of you.