Monday, October 5, 2009

More food than you can imagine...











... and we didn't eat a thing. I'm not kidding.

There were a million people there. I wanted a cajun shrimp wrap so bad I could taste it. I wanted a funnel cake. I wanted shrimp gumbo. I wanted some of those curly flower potato chip things. I wanted shrimp tacos. But, the lines were just too long. So, we just walked around and watched Caroline ride the rides.

Then Ryan promised to take me out to dinner at one of our favorite resturants, McCurdy's.

The atmoshpere is fantastic. We always sit on the deck that over looks a small bay on the causeway in Atlantic Beach.

They bring you the best hushpuppies in the entire world. They look like onion rings and are made with an onion flavor seafood batter. DELICIOUS!!

For dinner, Ryan had the Black and White Sesame Seared Tuna and I had the Shrimp Black Beans and Rice. Everything was delicious.

I am not a big beer drinker. Ryan on the other hand loves to try all types of beer. So, finding a place with 50+ beers on the menu is a big plus. Ryan drank Fat Tire {one of his all time favorite beers} and I had a Blueberry Sea Dog. It is a wheat ale beer. It was light and really tasted like blueberries. I only had one {that is all that I could make myself drink}. I am a wino at heart. {wink}

Sunday, we went to Fort Macon to take pictures of the girls. I can't wait to share those pictures... but you will have to wait until Wednesday. I have them up and ready for Wordless Wednesday. So, be sure to check back.

Until then, I will leave you with these pictures.

{She's not so sure about those shark teeth}











4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have a question for ya, how do you change the font on your blog title posts?

Megan said...

The last time we went to the seafood festival was a few years ago and it was so hot and crowded I said I'd never go again. And I hear it's only gotten bigger since then. Lee's fam went this year and I regretted not going for about 2 seconds until I read this post!

Anonymous said...

I loveeee the last 2 pictures of Caroline and Emma. Bug's eyes are unbelievably gorgeous and Caroline is a future model. Beautiful kids!

Jess said...

That's a bummer about the huge crowds... Otherwise, it sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you got to go to one of your favorite restaurants, too :)

Your girls are looking so adorable (as usual!).

Thanks for your last comment on my blog btw—you're so funny :)