I just can't get over the fact that it will soon be September.
September brings with it festivals, cooler nights, yummy smells, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice everything.
August came and went pretty quickly.
Here are my August favorites...
1. I won a giveaway from Ashley's blog and received my prize this month. Ellie Puente at A Felt Affair (check her out on etsy & FB) made me an awesome chevron L from my entry. I am in love with the letter L. If I had the wall space I would just do a huge collage of Ls. Until I have my dream house (many years from now), it goes perfectly on my black vintage chest with a topiary and buffet lamp.
(yes, the handle on the chest is broken. I broke it. I've got skills like that)
2. I am super excited about these boots I found for Caroline. I found them on Gilt. If you have not joined, let me know and I will send you an invite. This is just one of the early Christmas gifts I have found. Thanks Day Day! Caroline is going to LOVE them!
3. This blanket was a steal! My mom found a green and white one at Tuesday Morning that she bought for herself. It is Thro by Marlo Lorenz. It reminds me of this one I saw on One Kings Lane but with a better price tag. When my sister and I saw it, we had to go back the next day to purchase a few more. My sister has the black and white one. It is the best blanket ever. It is super soft and who doesn't love a chevron pattern?
4. This is my craziest favorite thing this month. I am NOT one that loves the "as seen on TV" stuff. However, I saw this Hair Bean in Bed, Bath & Beyond. My Nana was with me and she LOVES all of the "as seen on TV" stuff so we bought it. I have to say, it works pretty well. Maybe I will do a before and after for the blog to prove it. I brush Big and Bug's hair with this first then with the regular brush. They haven't cried about having their hair brushed since the Hair Bean came into our life.
5. Caroline has been BEGGING to do another painting. I go to Lisa Jordan's classes pretty religiously with my sister, Anna. It is sort of like a once-a-month-therapy for us. We love it. I prepared myself for Caroline going again. I am a perfectionist (for the most part) and when you are working with a 6 year old, perfection is out the window. She did this whole painting by herself. I helped her keep up with the color pattern around the border but she did the actual painting. I think it is pretty fabulous. She LOVES it.
6. This is our new favorite song. I am still driving the minivan. I don't like to talk about it. Hearing my children sing this song makes driving the pimpin' mini much better. The girls call it "The Clapping Song". It is actually titled 40 Day Dream. You're welcome.
Ashley hosts a monthly Favorite Things link up.
Favorite Things will always be on the last weekday of each month.