Sunday, August 5, 2012

Full Moonssssssss


The full moon occurs once every 29.5 days.


I love how smart people throw that .5 days in there.  Really?


Full moon.


My children act crazy.


I act crazy.


My refrigerator has aliens inside of it.


The Lafone home and full moons do not mix.


Lucky for us, there are TWO full moons in the month of August.


We just had one on Thursday (August 2nd).


The next one will be August 31st.


Fabulous.


Great.


After a little research, I found out that it is very rare and very unique to have two full months in the same month.  On average, it happens about every 2 and a half years.


The second moon is coined the Blue Moon.


Hence the saying, "once in a blue moon".  Meaning something happens rarely.


While all of this is fun and cool, I am not looking forward to TWO full moons.


God be with us.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I honestly believe in the whole "full moon" stuff. People act CRAZYYY!!