Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July Favorite Things

Can you believe it is the LAST day of July?

Where did the summer go?

Tomorrow is AUGUST!

School starts in 27 days.  I am totally not counting down.

Being that today is the last day of the month, I will share a few of my favorite things.

Big thanks to Ashley for hosting this each month.

Join in if you want!  It is very fun!




- I am really loving that I JUST found out Sweet Melissa is what Dave Matthews calls "one of my favorite songs that was ever written in the world."  Dave Matthews + Greg Allman = Ahhhh-mazing



- My favorite drink right now is Pepsi Next Paradise Mango.  Delicious!

- We went out Saturday night for a quick dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings in Morehead.  I know this is every unlike us but Bug had been sick all day and we weren't trying to be gone all night.  When it comes to wing joints, this is our favorite.  Spicy Garlic is to die for!  Anyway, my sister got an awesome meal!  It is possibly one of my new favorite things at BW3s.  It was a four cheese flatbread pizza with pepperoni.  Anna does not like pizza sauce and this was perfect for her.  Instead of pizza sauce, it has queso on it.  OMG!  Heavenly!

- Speaking of food, I have found a favorite recipe for meatloaf.
It is the Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf.  I think Ryan even liked it.  I made these mini meatloaves when we first got married.  That was over 6 years ago and I still remember that was the night I found out Ryan is not a big fan of meatloaf.  I was devastated.  I haven't cook one since.  So anyway, as far as meatloaf goes we will stick with this recipe or my Mama's.

- Thank you notes are my favorite.  I made Caroline sit down today and write thank you notes to the people that were not able to see her open her gifts from them.  I just love a hand written note.  It is so thoughtful.  I have been longing for note cards by Ashley Brooke at Ashley Brooke Designs.  Her stuff is so cute.  I love it!

- And last but not least, my favorite month is ahead.  August.  August means a few things... last minute vacays (we even have a girls overnight beach trip planned... yayyyy!) and school starts!  Yayyyy!

---------------------------------------


4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay for a girls' beach trip!!! So much fun. I"m going to be heading your way sometime soon, so I'll let you know.

Also...that Pepsi kinda sounds out of control. I'm going to take your word for it and try it out. I do love a Pepsi.

Baze Days said...

Thank you notes...... def. a must!!!

And countdown for school..... I cannot wait for the 1st day!

Danielle said...

I'm jealous of your girl's trip, where are you guys headed?

Have a great time!

Megan said...

I don't like writing thank you notes, but they are definitely important. I can't believe it's already August. Where has the year gone?