Thursday, July 12, 2012

No more Miss Nice Mommy

My children are demanding.

Very demanding.

I don't know what to do.

I am tired.

I can't do anything or go anywhere without major meltdowns.

"What if you never come back?"

"Please don't leave me."

I wanted Caroline to do art camp this summer.

She loves to draw, paint and color.  She is super awesome too.

I told her about art camp.

I talked and talked and talked it up.

She cried.

She wasn't going.

"I will just cry the whole time I am there."

Well, I am not going to pay $90 to send her to art camp to cry.

It is not fair to the teachers, me or herself.

Emma is just as bad.

She wanted to do dance camp.

She was so excited.

I told her one day that I had talked to the dance teacher and we were going to run by and pay her money.

Melt.down.

She cried and cried and cried.

It was so not worth it.

They will both randomly call my name if I ever get quite to make sure that I am still in the house.

They are scared to death I am going to leave them.

I have NEVER left them alone.

Hello.  That would be neglect.

This is just a typical day for us...

10:45am- Story time

The girls are a nervous wreck that I am going to leave.  They don't even want to sit with the rest of the kids.  They want to sit with me.  Most of the time I am the parent on the floor with my children trying to crawl up my vagina.  Luckily, they let me sit in a chair Tuesday.
Any time we play a game or make a craft, I have to be right there with both of them.  The other day, Caroline almost ripped my thumb off my hand trying to pull me while playing a game.

11:30 am- Lunch

We were able to go to lunch with a group of friends after story time.  (Of course, I had to rush home afterwards to wait for the Sears man AGAIN to show up at 5pm).

First off, my children are NOT going to speak when spoken too.  They never got the memo that when someone says hello, you say hello back.  They are rude and I am sorry.  Every time someone says "Hey Caroline!  Hey Bug!"  I want to crawl in a hole and die.

Secondly, they are NOT going to do anything without me.  If I have to get up and walk to the condiments station, they are going to follow me.  If I have to throw away the trash, they are going to follow me.  I never get out of the sight but they are NOT going to sit at a table and wait for my return.

The other day, they wanted to play on the slide at Chick-fil-a aka The Germ Hub of the Universe.

"But I want you to go in there with meeeeeeee," the big one whined.

"Yeah.  Go in there with usssssssss," the little one agreed.

No.  I am sitting right beside the glass.  I can see you in there.  You can see me.  GO PLAY!

They whined.

They ran to the door and almost went in.

After 5 minutes, I packed our stuff and we left.

I was done.

I am standing my ground.

No more Miss Nice Mommy.

They are 3 and 5.  They can play in The Germ Hub of the Universe without me sitting in there with them.  It is NOT that stressful of a situation.

It is time for them to put on their big girl panties and take the world by the horns.  

Or in this case, take the Chick-fil-a cow by the utters.

1 comment:

Shayna said...

Sad that you're having such a hard time. Praying that God will grant the three of you a breakthrough real soon!!