Thursday, May 14, 2009

I want letter behind my name too.

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago.

I had not been to this super hot doctor in a few years. I was preggers with Caroline when I last went.

Anyway, not going to the doctor for a while equals lots of papers to fill out.

If they asked me once, they asked a million times... "Occupation".

In the spaces, I proudly put SAHM.

I didn't think about it again until the super hot doctor brought it up.

SHD (Super Hot Doctor): "So, it says here you are married. You are 24. You are a... ummmm... what does S-A-H-M mean?"

Me: "Stay at home mom."

Laugher ensued.

Me: "And I'm totally going to start putting those letters behind my name."

He thought this was hilarious.

I was totally serious.

Hailey H. Lafone, SAHM

It makes me sound super important, huh?

8 comments:

Amy said...

love it! you should make yourself a business card

Krystyn said...

Important, indeed!

Kari said...

Brilliant. Positively brilliant.

Haley Nicodemus said...

I wish I could be a SAHM.

Do you read dooce.com? If not, you should immediately. If so, then you know that the acronym SAHM stands for Shit Ass Ho Motherfucker.

Please excuse my language.

Dana said...

And just who is this super hot doc? I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one of those, all mine are old and ugly......sure would make going to the doctor a little more exciting if they were hot though!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! I will steal those letters once Hayden arrives!
Emma's first tooth is precious and the anaconda story is freaking hilarious, hahahh!

DramaCity said...

Thanks for that...I needed a good laugh today! Thanks for your prayers too...I believe they worked...I'll blog about it later...((Hugs))

Ellen said...

You are important indeed. Being a SAHM is one of the hardest jobs on the planet.