Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Old Testament

As a mom, I feel like we all have days that we want to pull our hair out.

Hell, there are some days that I want to rip my eyeballs out, shave my head, and scratch my face off.

Just being honest.

There are also those moments where you feel guilty.

"I yell too much."

"Where did I go wrong?"

"Why will they not listen to me?"

In the end, all we can do is the best we can.

And then those little moments like bath time last night come along and knock you off your feet.

You look at your child in amazement with the breath knocked out of you.

Last night, for the very first time, I heard my oldest nutjob say the whole Old Testament.

With her mouth covered, scared she was going to say it wrong, she said every book of the Old Testament.

Her fabulous Grandmom taught her a little song at GAs that she attends every Wednesday night.

I yelled for Ryan to come to the bathroom.

He listened.

We beamed.

It was one of those "HOLLER... MY KID IS SMARTER THAN YOUR KID... IN YO FACE" kind of moments.

We are so proud.

It made me realize that there are the bad full moon days, but there are also those little moments that make up for the craziness.

Now, if only I can remember the above statement during the crazy chaotic days.

Fingers crossed!!

----------------------------------

Big,
We are super proud of you!  Always remember you can do anything!!


Love,
Mom


No comments: