Sunday, May 20, 2012

Nana Story

I ran across this story that I had typed last summer.

It never posted for some reason.


When I reread it, I chuckled so I thought I would share it with you.

Caroline HATES to sleep.

We always look for ways to get her to bed easily especially if we are not at home.

My Nana could spend hours in the rocking chairs on the front porch at the beach.

She will rock and rock and rock.

Most nights that we are down in the summer, Caroline will end up on the front porch in Nana's lap.

They rock and tell stories.

Caroline always gives up the fight and goes to sleep.

Well, Nana was rocking Caroline one night.

She was trying to get her to fall asleep by telling her the longest story of Cinderella you have ever heard.

"And then the Fairy Godmother said, "Yabba Dabba Doo" and Cinderella's rags turned into a beautiful gown."

Yabba Dabba Doo?

Flintstones or Cinderella?

Wow, Nana. Good storytelling.

All jokes aside, thank you sooo much for fighting that sleep battle for me ;-)

No comments: