Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I ^ babywearing.

Yesterday ended International Babywearing Week.

I meant to mention this before now but it slipped my mind.

I wanted to share my 3 favorite products for babywearing.

{As a sidenote: I found out yesterday that I won a Kokopax at Jessica's blog. I am super excited and I can't wait to wear it.}

Now, back to the three babywearing product I use.

1. The BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Original Classic
This carrier is great for small babies. The carrier is for children 8-25 lbs.
There are two ways to wear your baby in this carrier. For newborns who have little head control you would wear them so that they face you. The carrier supports their whole back and keeps them snuggled tight.
The other way to wear your baby, is facing out. Caroline and Emma LOVED this. All you do is fold down the neck rest, and your baby can face forward and see everything.
I used this in the pool this summer. I carried Emma {forward-facing} so that I had two hands for Caroline. The carrier did wonder in the water. It also washes well. I do not dry my carrier. I lay it flat to dry.
If your little one loves to get cranky right when you need to cook dinner, this is the carrier for you.
PS- I am a BabyBjörn Believer and I LOVE all of their products.

2. HotSling
Ok. So you all know how much I LOVE my HotSling. I mean, it is the best thing since sliced bread. I have talked so many of my friends into buying one of these. I have people {men and women} stop me in the grocery store, the post office, Target, etc. to ask where I got it and what it is called. I jump at the opportunity to tell them and sometimes show them all 4 ways to carry a baby in it.
You can do the cradle carry which is great for a newborn. They can lay down and be comfy and cozy next to you. You can do the front carry. This is like a little kangaroo pocket. You plop them in there and they can sit and look out at what is going on. Then there is the hip carry. This is my favorite. I carry Emma around everywhere like this. Now for older kids, you can throw them in the hip carry and swing them around to your back. It is kind of like a piggy back ride with support. If you buy a HotSling, you will also receive an instructional DVD that is really helpful.
My HotSling is super easy use and easy to care for. My mom wore it this weekend while we were shopping in Williamsburg. If my Mom can use it, anyone can! I have washed it millions of times. I do not dry it. I lay it flat to dry. Emma loves it. She always has. This is a gift from God. It is a lifesaver is so many ways. They have a GREAT sale going on right now. It is an end of summer sale! Go run and get one. You will thank me later. {PS- They have one designer pattern on sale. It is normally $60... marked down to $30. You can't get better than that!}
Here is my pattern.

3. Baby K'Tan
Yes, I wrote about a Baby K'Tan giveaway a few weeks ago. Yes, I won it. I won the pink with brown stitching carrier. When it first came, I was a little stressed out about it. I thought I was going to have to wrap, tie, twist, etc. to even get it on me. Oh no! It was super easy!! They say it is super easy to breastfeed in AND it holds twins! I am not even kidding. How cool is that?
You can use this carrier with preemies and children up to 42 pounds! You can also use it 8 different ways! And do you know what it feels like? A super soft sweatshirt. I am not kidding. It is so soft! They make there carriers with soft 100% Cotton Knit. I just wish I had known about it sooner. Love.it.

That's it. Those are my three favorites. I am sure I will add the Kokopax to my list once I get it.
I also have the Belle Baby Carrier. Nicole Kidman, Jessica Alba, Angelina Jolie, and Julia Roberts have it too {You know, we are all BFFs}. I need to pull it back out of the closet because I haven't tried it on Emma since she was tiny. It was too big then. I will start wearing it and give you my opinion on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the Baby Bjorn and Peanut Shell. The BB hurts my back and the PS is just plain awkward. Maybe I have the wrong carriers?! Let me know how you like that last one you have listed!

Jamie said...

I have tried a sling and the BabyBJoRn, and I don't mind them but Hayden refuses to get into either one! Which one is the easiest to get emma in and out of? The KoKopax looks cool let us know how you like it!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I tried a sling and just didn't get it...I needed personal directions.

I love my ergo...I can carry the girls on my back.