Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Emma.

Dear Emma,

Today, you turn one. 12 months old. Where has the time gone?

Words cannot describe the joy you bring to our lives.

You are the sweetest baby I know. You love giving kisses {even though you bite sometimes} and you snuggle up on my chest so sweet.

Night-night time is our time. As you hold your bottle and close your eyes, I rick-rock you into sweet dreams. I hum a song and off you go. You love sleep. That amazes me. Your sister... she HATES it. You nap everyday. You are on a sleep schedule. Again, this is amazing.

From the beginning, you have been a strong-willed fighter. You are determined to get what you want. You don't even rely on me or Daddy to do it for you. A big soul in a little body.

We call you Bug or Buggy. I don't really remember why. One day, when you were tiny, I said that you kind of looked like a bug. It stuck. Bug stuck. I love it. It fits you so well. You are our little Bug-a-boo. Sweet Buggy.

You are slowly learning to walk. So far, the most steps you have taken has been 5. We are so proud. You will be running all over the house in no time. You have also learned to climb one step. You will climb up on the step and sit there until you are ready to get down. Then, you will scream for me or Daddy and we will come save you. So cute.

You love Caroline so much. You want to do everything that she does. Sometimes, Caroline will slow down for a few minutes to play with you. Those are super sweet moments. You will play tea party together or do puzzles. You act like you are 3 just like her. There are fights between you two sometimes. There was your birthday party, for instance, where you pushed Caroline away from your cake. You decided you didn't want to share. Then there was the time you decided to bite Caroline because she wouldn't leave you alone. You are sisters though and you love each other. You are going to be best friends and I can't wait.

Happy Birthday Bug. You are my baby. Slow down. Don't get big too fast. Take your time, snuggle always and always call on Mama and Dada before you take a big step.

I love you always and forever,
Mommy

*Don't forget to turn up your volume!

Emma's 1st Year from Hailey Lafone on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Dana said...

Hailey, I can't believe Emma is already one! Looking at the pics I had forgotten how small she once was. Her eyes are beautiful! She is definetely your child and Caroline is Ryan's! Happy Birthday Emma!

Jamie said...

AWWWWWWWwww, I love that slide show! Wow, it is amazing how far Emma has come! What a little fighter! She is gonna be one tough cookie especially with those big blues and gorgeous lips :)

Heather said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Emma!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you had one rough time but look at what you got. Makes it all worth it, right? Emma is such a beauty!