Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Being a mama is a hard thing to do.

I was watching Momversations at Heather's website, Dooce.

It was about our worst parenting moments as a mother.

I, like Heather, don't think I can choose just one.

There are many moments I look back on and just laugh. They were totally not funny at the time but they are now.

These are not my proudest moments as a mother but I will share...

- There was the time right after she was born that I told my mom that I was going to throw Caroline in the trash can. It was one of those days that she just wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do. {I wasn't serious so don't think that I was serious}

- There was the time I laid in the middle of the kitchen for 15 minutes crying because Caroline threw a vase full of M&Ms on the floor. M&Ms were everywhere, the vase shattered... along with my self-control.

- There are those nights that I have to wake up to change Emma's diaper and have to give her more bottle to go back to sleep. I am so angry {not with Emma, just with the situation} that all I can do is cuss. Imagine me running into walls, tripping down the stairs, spilling milk all over the kitchen counter, tripping back up the stairs... all while speaking obscenities that do not make any sense at all.

- There are nights when Caroline has extreme tantrums because I have to wash her hair. She will kick and scream. There is always TONS of water on the bathroom floor. I will tell her that I am going to dunk her under if she doesn't stop... that I am going to splash her in the face if she doesn't just lay back and let me wash her freakin' hair.

- There are the times that I have extreme road rage and let dirty words slip. I am not proud but my child knows a few ugly words and has most recently used the word "balls".

- I barked at my child.

- I laugh in nervous situations... like when my children get shots.

What are your not-so-proud moments as a mother? Make me feel better.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hailey, I had one of these days again today. Seriously, can we say "week from hell." I was scared to wake up today for the fear of what might happen next. Today though, I felt like throwing myself on the floor and just crying. I sooo needed to read this post today so thank you for making me feel a little more "normal"...

Jamie said...

I agree! It is only Wed and it has already been the longest week EVER! Hayden requires SO MUCH attention, but I give it too her so I know its my fault!

Amber said...

I don't think I've ever commented before and I don't remember how I found you, but I've been reading for awhile and you always crack me up. Thanks for the reminder that I'm not the only one who has moments like these. I only have a three month old, but I still have days like this. One day when she was only a month old, she cried all day and would not stop. Finally, I lost it and yelled at her to "shut-up." Then I felt horrible for telling my one month old to shut-up. I can't wait to see what kind of mommy moments the future holds.