Monday, April 20, 2009

At least she knows how.


Caroline.

Sweet Caroline.

I waited for the day that I could count. Meaning... I waited for the day that I could look at my child and begin that count to three. You know the one. Your mama would start counting and by "2" you had straightened up.

My day came.

"Caroline. I am going to count to 3 and you better come to me!" She was trying to run away from me when we were outside.

It worked.

It worked about 5 times.

My days of counting came. My days of counting went.

Now, I look at her and say, "ONE!"

She says, "TWOOOOOOO! FREE!"

Damnit.

Oh well... at least she knows how to count.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hi there! I'm hopping over from Haley's blog...I'm Jen (that did her facelift). Just wanted to say "hey" to a fellow Caroline-mommy! My Sweet Caroline is just 8 months old, but we are already treading into "No!" territory! Yikes! :)

Amy said...

haha, this is what its like when i try

me: Connor, if you're not here when i count to 3 i'm gonna (insert meaningless threat)
one...

Collin (17mo) : toooooooooo

me : sigh, haha

Jamie said...

hahahh that's funny ! Too bad it didn't last very long hahahah

Emily said...

welll at least she is cute:) ha ha:) i love this post!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, the counting totally doesn't work for Izzy!

And, who said "Damn it" you, or Caroline?

Megan said...

Love your blog Hailey! Thanks for visiting mine...I'm just getting started but we'll see where it goes. This post is too funny. Looks like you guys are doing well!