Wednesday, July 23, 2014

9 things you’d rather be doing today

Today is a busy day.  I need to sweep, vacuum, mop, dust, wash sheets, clean bathrooms.

There are a million things I would rather be doing.  For example, I would love to be...

...Sitting on the beach with my beau.
I could think of nothing better on this day.  I woke up this morning to iron Beau's uniform for work.  We snuggled for a minute and I wanted to beg him to stay home, drink coffee in bed and go to the beach.  However, real life is he has to work.

...Getting my hair did.
I have uncontrollable hair.  Think... Roseanne Roseannadanna.  Seriously.  What can I say?  I was blessed with big hair.  I love to get my hair trimmed and thinned.  I feel like a different woman when it's are done.

...Reading.
I wish I could sit around a read a whole book today.  I am between books right now.  I am not sure what I am going to read next.  I go to this site on a daily basis looking for free great reads.  Some days you will luck up and get a book you have been wanting for FREE!  Very cool.

...Cooking.
This is weird, I know.  I love to cook for my family.  I haven't cooked all week because we have had VBS.  We eat dinner at the church and poor Beau has to eat takeout.  (After typing this, I threw together Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot chicken for tonight.)

...Dancing my little heart out at Dave Matthews.
He is close by.  He has been in my state since yesterday.  That makes my heart skip a beat.  I love him.  Ryan does not love him.  I begged to go to the Charlotte show.  Tonight is the Raleigh show.  No one was down to go with me.  My heart aches.  I can't talk about it anymore.

...Binge watching Netflix.
So, we started watching Prison Break a LONG time ago.  It was so addictive.  It was so great!  Then life got in the way of things.  I didn't want to watch without Beau.  He didn't want to watch without me.  We haven't picked it back up.  It is hard watching a series with your husband.  Sometimes your schedules just don't work out.  Therefore, today... I would rather be watching the rest of Prison Break.  I need to finish it... seriously.  We only have a few episodes left.  I guess I should just watch it without him.  Next time, I am watching my own series.  (PS- He has been watching Breaking Bad and he loves it.)

...Getting a massage.
I have only ever had one professional massage in my life.  I don't count making my children rub my back as a "massage".  Every now and again I will go get a pedicure.  We always do the green tea pedi with hot stone massage.  It is amazing.  I would love to do a hot stone body massage.  How wonderful would that be?!

...Sleeping.
I have been sleep deprived from the beginning of my marriage.  I go to bed super late and wake up early.  Can I just lay in the bed all day and not move?  I could watch all of my shows and it would be amazing.

...Doing nothing.
Because sometimes, doing nothing is a good thing.

No comments: