Wednesday, July 21, 2010

cLt



(It is not often that I post such beautiful pictures of myself on this blog. For your birthday, I will. You might thank me one day.)



On this day, 4 years ago, you were born.

You came into this world with your eyes wide open saying, "Ok, world. I'm here. Now what?"

You also came into the world with a cone head due to the fact that mommy just couldn't get you out. I did my best though. It only took 52 minutes of pushing. You're welcome.

You've grown up with me and your Dad. I was 21 and Dad was 22 when you came into our lives. We didn't know how to change diapers, feed you, bathe you, etc. It was a learning process. Therefore pictures such as this exist...



I guess Dad thought you could hold your head up at 2 weeks old. Nice, right?

The first year few by. Amazingly you lived despite our inexperience and young age... by the grace of God I'm assuming. We kept you fed, bathed, clothed, and dry. SCORE!


And now, my sweet girl, you are four years old. You speak in complete sentences (on most days) and can write your name. Speaking of names, it isn't unusual for you to change your name to Lilly, Eloise, or even Pam.

Your independence is overwhelming at times. You must do everything by yourself. You have one more year of preschool and then it is big girl school time. I don't think your Dad and I are ready but we know you are. You can take care of yourself and you definitely will not let anyone stand in your way.

Thank you for making me a mom. You have taught me to do things I never thought I could achieve. I couldn't have been blessed with a more perfect daughter. Keep dancing through life and know that I am here for you always.

I love you,
Mom


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday, Caroline!!!

Jamie said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Caroline!!

Dana said...

That was so sweet! I am loving the pic with C's head flopped over! Way to go Ry! Happy Birthday Caroline!!

Diana said...

So sweet! Happy Birthday Caroline!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my gosh the head flop one made me giggle out loud! Happy Birthday sweet girl!