Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baba Broke.


"Baba BROKE!" she screamed as milk spilt all over everything.

"MAMA!!! BABA!!!! BROKEEEEEEEEE!!!"

I said a million swear words in my head. My heart sank and then I began to pray. "Please God... if you love me... this will be fixable."

Yeah, no such luck.

Emma's bottle is broken.

Get a new one, you say? Doesn't she have more than one, you ask?

Here's a little background information. Yellow baba has been with us for as long as I can remember. Bug really took to this bottle and refuses to use any other one.

Ryan's mom even tried to be slick and buy her new bottles just like that yellow one. Smart Bug knew the difference.

She loves yellow baba.

She has used it until the plastic ring cap at the top is split in two different places. Yesterday, the ring around the nipple came apart leaving only the top portion of the nipple.

Last night was hell to say the least. She screamed and moaned and cried until 10:30. Of course we tried duck baba and butterfly baba... both of which got thrown across the room. She fell asleep and I did a happy dance. Then, she woke up at 3:30 this morning and screamed and moaned and cried until the sun started coming up. She eventually fell asleep and woke up after 9:30 this morning.

Tonight was a little better. She had a melt down and then Daddy swooped down the stairs to save the day. All four of us climbed in the big comfy king size bed upstairs and five minutes later everyone was asleep... but me of course.

Night two down. Hopefully it will only get better from here.

I was a little angry that the bottle broke but I know that God still loves me. He just enjoys seeing me squirm.

Excuse me while I go do my everyone's-asleep-finally-happy-dance.

No comments: