Friday, November 28, 2008

Letter to Emma- Month 2

~*This is late. I wrote it on the 26th but didn't have time to proof read it and post it until today!*~


Dear sweet Em,

Two months. You were born two months ago. You took that first sweet, precious breath two months ago. Can you believe it? What did we do without you? What did we do when it was just Mommy, Daddy and Caroline? I ask myself that everyday. I did the same thing when your sister was born.

With your first child you are so sleep deprived you cannot function. You don't know what you are going to do when you have another little baby. You don't think that you will be able to function. You don't think you will be able to live through the newborn stage again. You have proved me wrong my sweet angel. You are a wonderful baby. You love to lay on your tummy, sit in your chair, or lay in my lap and sleep. You are sleeping for 5-6 hours during the night which still amazes me. My fingers are still crossed that Caroline will sleep soundly for 5-6 hours a night. *Fingers crossed*

During the day, our house is chaos. At times I catch myself staring at you sleeping wondering what you are thinking. I wonder if you are saying to yourself, "Man... if she yells at that thing they call a Caroline one more time... I'm going to poop or pee all over her." Yes, you have done both twice in the past two days.

Nights are our thing. Every night I take you upstairs and swaddle you. I lay you down in your bassinet but it's never right the first time. You always squirm. I pick you up and swaddle you again, kiss your little head, and lay you down. You do a little sigh and you are off to sleep. When you wake up for a feed is my favorite. The whole house is quiet. It is just me and you... in that moment. The soft hum of the fan, the sweet sound of you drinking your bottle, your skin against mine... it couldn't be more perfect. I'll change your diaper and look at your big blue eyes. I kiss you and tell you I love you and lay you back down. You look up at me with those eyes. Those eyes. It is almost as if you understand and hang on to every word I say. I kiss you one more time and you go to sleep. Our nights are perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Your corrected age is one week yet I've been able to hold you in my arms for 2 whole months. What a wonderful 2 months it has been. I am so looking forward to all the things that are to come. Stay sweet and know that I love you forever.

Love always,
Mommy

3 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, so sweet! Maybe I should do this in a couple weeks.

And, I can't believe she's pooped on Caroline! Although it's quite hilarious.

Kari said...

I just love your letters to your girls! So sweet! How was your Thanksgiving!?

Wendi said...

That was just the sweetest letter Hailey!
Love it!
She will love reading these years from now...what a treasure!
Have a great week friend.