Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Crazy child of mine.

I did it.

I took Emma to my Nana's.

I strapped Caroline in her carseat.


I made a mixed CD with all my new favorite songs.

I stopped and got gas for the first time in like eight weeks... HELLO... it was $1.95. Coolness.

I went to my Heaven on earth.

TARGET.

It was so nice to be back.

It was so nice to be back in my own Target.

Me and C.

Then Caroline decided to ruin our great time.

Standing up in the cart.

Yelling.

Screaming.

Pulling my hair.

Pinching me.

People looked.

People stopped to stare.

WHAT!

WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT!

SHE'S TWO!!!!

I can't discipline her.

It is a joke.

Nothing works.

Time out... JOKE!

Spanking... whatever. (Don't EVEN judge me for spanking. I've tried everything.)

She pinches... I pinch. She pulls hair... I pull hair. She bites... I bite.

NOTHING.WORKS.

Today was even worse. I have 4 bite marks on my body. I have little pinch marks on my body. I looked abused... BY A TWO YEAR OLD!

I popped her bottom after the first bite... do you want to know what her reaction was?

She ran to the kitchen and pulled the silverware drawer out and slammed it back in about 10 times.

I may regret saying this after I type it but I even told her that the recycle man was going to get her as he was picking up our recycling today.

Do you think she cared? Nope.

She looked at me and said, "Me go to recycle man house?"

She then walked to the front door and said, "Me go to recycle man house. Bye."

I called Santa today too.

She didn't care.

When I got off of the phone with Santa, she called him.

She admitted she was bad.

"Me not nice. Me no present."

She doesn't care.

Do any of you have children like Caroline?

Children that you just can't discipline?

I need help.

NOW... before I pull all of my hair out and poke out my eyes.

Thanks.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I have a child just like Caroline and I have no advice for you. I spank, I do time out, I take away toys and she just laughs and mocks me. Please let me know if you figure out the secret to getting these stubborn girls to behave. Otherwise, I think we will be stuck with many years of dealing with our wild girls.

Bamawhitney said...

Hi, I gotta say my daughter turned 5 and she was the same way. So this is what I did---I ignored her-no spanking, no time outs--just no time with mommy. NO mommy play time, no mommy cuddle time. Really bad behavior meant in her room alone. took about 3 weeks and suddenly...new child. She is and was from 2-3 weeks on a self-soother so she always had that to fall back on, but by not rewarding her with any attention, the tantrums stopped. Now my child never bit or hit me or anyone so that might need to be handled differently, but try the punishment of removing yourself.

Kari said...

I understand completely. I went to G-ville yesterday. At 1 in the afternoon, like an idiot. That meant no nap (for either of us) and didn't get back home until almost 8. She fell asleep while shopping at ONCE UPON A CHILD, and stayed asleep until we got home. OF COURSE. So we tried to put her to bed, but we wound up holding her for a long time. After about 5 attempts, she finally layed down by herself and stayed asleep. It is almost 9 and she is still asleep. OVER 12 hours of sleep total. Shopping with kids is never fun. NEVER.
And, with kids, you have to be consistent. If they get away with it once, they think they can do it all the time. You have to have the same reaction to the same action everytime, or they win. It is sooooo hard, and I don't do it all the time either, but I try to be as consistent as possible.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I am SO there with you. Izzy is not taking naps at home, either! We both could have killed her!

I sure hope for both of us that this phase ends yesterday!