Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oh, Carolina

Summers in rural Eastern North Carolina are exactly what you would expect them to be.

... Full moons on the mill pond ...


... sunsets that look like the trees are on fire ...
&
... growing tobacco ...


... burning wheat fields ...


... corn ...
... lots of corn ...
... and that's not the kind of corn you eat, folks ...


... pink feathery flowers on the mimosa trees ...


... peanuts ...
... at least I think they are peanuts anyway ...


Southern summers are

... quiet ...
... hot ...
... anything but slow...
... wonderful ...

Be jealous you city slickers.


"Like the sound of a siren song, Oh Carolina, you keep calling me home"
- Eric Church

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Must admit ... I'm slightly more than a little jealous ! I've been trying to talk my husband into movin further south and closer to the beach for a while now. I think I'm starting to break him ;)