Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Best friend conversations.

UPDATE: Ella was born at 4:30p.m. on August 25th. She was 8 lbs 13 oz. and 22 inches long. Mom and baby are doing well.
------------------------------------------------
We went to a nearby college town to visit my sister this weekend. My preggo best friend and her husband came with us.

We were talking on the way and this is how our conversation went:

"Where are we going to eat tonight?" BF asked.

"I don't know. I am starving though." I said.

There was discussion about where we were going to eat.

"OMG. I hope your water doesn't break while we are out in public together. That is my biggest fear." I said.

"Well, I hope it does break. I am so ready to get this kid out of me."

"What if it breaks while we are eating dinner?"

"I'm not worried about that. If it breaks, I am just going to keep eating."

"What? You are just going to sit there and eat?"

"Yep."

Can you imagine if this had really happened? You might be preggo when...
-------------------------------------------------------

We went to eat a Mexican restaurant here in town for dinner. The preggo BF and her husband came along.

"Ryan, let me have a bite of your jalapeno pepper." BF said.

Ryan cuts a piece off of his fresh jalapeno. (Why are fresh so much hotter than pickled?)

BF pops a pretty big piece of pepper in her mouth. She begins to cough. Her mouth was obviously on fire.

"What are you trying to do? Burn the kid out of you?" I asked.

"Yep." she said.

A few minutes later, she burped. None of use paid her any attention because this is not unlike her at all. Then she said, "Whewww. I think a little bit of fire came out in that."

We could not contain our laughter.
-----------------------------------------------

BF is in labor now. She called last night about 1:30am. She had been there for a while. She was having small contractions. She was dilated to a 3. I called this morning at 8am to check on her. Her hubs told me that she had just gotten her epidural and was at 4cm. The epidural made her sick but she was feeling better.

I talked to him again about 11am and she was at 5cm and sleeping.

Maybe we will meet little miss priss soon!

1 comment:

Laura Marchant said...

How exciting!
And yes fresh jalapenos are so much hotter. When we make fresh salsa I always take as much out as I can of the center.