Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Preschool Week 2

I totally forgot to tell you about Caroline's second week of at-home preschool.

I haven't taken any pictures either so I will just share with you in words.

What Caroline Learned Last Week

Theme- Jungle Animals
This wasn't the easiest theme.
I decided that I like when the theme is just one basic animal or object.
It makes it easier to stay on task.

Letter- B
Her favorite thing to do during letter time is shaving cream.
I put a little on the table and we draw our letter in the shaving cream.
She absolutely loves it!

Number- 2
This was easy for her.
Being that she is two... she already kind of knew the number two.

Color- Green
Caroline wasn't fond of the fact that she could only color with one crayon, colored pencil, or marker on the day we discussed the color green.
It turned into a fight between us.
She won.
She colored one object green and the rest pink.
Whatever.
She knows the color green.
I asked her for a green gummy bear tonight... she gave it to me.
What can I say?
My kid is smart... and she likes to color with more than one color.

Nursery Rhyme- I Had a Little Nut Tree
I had a little nut tree, nothing would it bear,
But a silver nutmeg and a golden pear;
The King of Spain's daughter came to visit me,
And all for the sake of my little nut tree.

I would recite this everyday.
Caroline could care less about this nursery rhyme and to be honest... I had never heard of it.
She did enjoy coloring a tree to go with it though.
Do you think the top of it was green?
Oh no!
I tried to get her to use the green.
She wanted red.
She won.
Whatever.

That was our week.
This week will begin today.
We didn't start yesterday. It was a bad day. Caroline slept for 30 minutes. Count them... 30 big ones. Be jealous. You wish your kid slept as well as mine.
Anyway...
Our theme... kittens.
This is going to be fun.

No comments: