Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Working girl.

Caroline: "I work Mommy." Holding one of her Daddy's t-shirts.

Mommy: "What? You can't go to work. Daddy has already left and I don't know where he is. You can't go by yourself."

Caroline: "Shirt ON Mommy!"

I put Daddy's t-shirt on her over her silky pink night gown.

Caroline: "Pen Mommy."

Mommy: "What? What do you need a pen for?"

Caroline: "WORK MOMMY! BLACK PEN!"

I hand the little turkey nugget her black pen she requested.

She sits down and puts on her Daddy's work boots... with no socks may I add. Yum-O!

She stands up, puts the black pen in her front pocket and walks to the door.

Caroline: "Bye Mommy! I work!"

Here is the proof. The proof that my two-year-old wants to go to work... in a yellow shirt over her PJ's, stinky work boots with no socks, and a black pen in her front pocket.

I wish I could make this stuff up. I learn each and every day that kids do and say the funniest things.


PS- Caroline is still on the kick of not looking at the camera and closing her eyes when I insist she look at me. Whatever. She's still cute.

No comments: