Sunday, September 7, 2008

How I get through the day.

It is just me and Caroline at home... all day.

The husband will make a guest appearance every now and again for a sandwich and some love from Caroline.

How do I do it?

I don't really know yet.

I have decided that it is much easier to get her OUT of the house.

We go to the swings across the street.

We go to the library.

However, there is not much else to do in this small town with a toddler.

So, I decided Caroline still needed some structured "preschool" time.

Let's just say WOW!

Our first day was Tuesday.

How about an hour and a half, felt like 25 minutes.

I found a program online that I absolutely love.

It is a 26 week program that keeps children entertained. (Hopefully after Two Lafone comes I can keep it up).

We have a new theme each week.

We have a vocabulary word each week.

We have a new letter each week.

Every other week we learn a new shape.

On the opposite weeks we learn a new color.

We also have a nursery rhyme that we recite all week long.

It has been a blast so far and we are only on week one.

What Caroline Learned This Week

Theme: Cows
Caroline will tell you that the cow says MOOOO!



Vocabulary Word: Calf- a baby cow
Caroline wasn't into the vocabulary word. She never said it but we talked about it everyday.

Letter: A
Caroline will says "A Apple"

Shape: Square
She was most proud of her square that she colored this week. Each day we talked about the square and counted the sides together.



Nursery Rhyme: Hey Diddle, Diddle

Number: 1
We colored a number one, started a sticker counting book, and learned how to show one on our hand using our pointer finger (she knew, but we practiced it anyway)


Being that I love doing things like this with children, I found a lot of cow crafts online that Caroline and I did together. Look at this cute toilet paper roll cow.

One day I even caught Caroline and Daddy sitting at the table coloring cows. Daddy hung his cow on the refrigerator. :-)


Hopefully this will last. Caroline seems to enjoy it as much as I do. I will keep you updated on our progress.

No comments: