Friday, May 18, 2012

That time I felt like a complete idiot...

The other night, I was reading Family Circle.

I love that magazine.  Mainly for the recipes but there are also interesting articles each month.

Anyway, I ran across this ad...


All I saw was "scratch-n-sniff".

I LOVE to scratch-n-sniff.

I have been addicted to it since I was a small child.

I was once given a strawberry scented scratch-n-sniff sticker and so began an addiction.

Anyway, I started feverishly scratching.

I took a big whiff.

Nothing.

I mean really?

I scratched again.

A little harder this time.

SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Nothing.

WTF?

I checked the date of the magazine.

April 2012.

Ok. The sniff CANNOT be gone.

I scratched one more time.

I sniff.

Nothing.

Ugh!

What is wrong with this magazine?

Why would tell someone to scratch-n-sniff if you are not going to give them a sniff of something.

Idiots.

Then I read it...


Regenerist micro-sculpting cream FRAGRANCE-FREE.

This is false advertisement.

I am pissed.

I want to write them an ugly letter.

Most of all, I just wish I hadn't looked like such an idiot scratching-sniffing NOTHING.

Thanks, Olay Regenerist.

Thanks a lot.

Your WHOLE ad seriously confused me.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Hailey. I did this EXACT same thing last weekend while reading Real Simple at the river. It didn't take me quite as long to notice the "fragrance-free" part, but I felt like a big ding dong.

Heather said...

That is too funny! I know I would have done the same thing. I also love to scratch and sniff! haha