Monday, May 14, 2012

Baby Mama Day

Mother's Day.

I am surrounded by many wonderful mothers.

For one, my Mom, who in my opinion is the best mom of all.

I am also surrounded by two precious miracles that I call my own.

They, of course, made all these cute things at school that they gave me.

I loved them all.

I knew that the Jehovah's Witness was not going to celebrate this holiday.

If you can remember, Ryan (the Jehovah's Witness) gave up holidays a few years back.  It is a total joke that he converted but I like it.

Anyway, like I said, I knew that he was not going to celebrate this holiday.

I was right.

But, deep down in my heart there is always hope that he will.

Psh!

Caroline: "What do you want for Mother's Day?"

Me: "Tomorrow when you and Bug wake up, go wake up Daddy.  Don't wake me up.  Tell your Dad you want Bojangles for breakfast.  Bring me home a black coffee.  I will sleep late and then sip my coffee in bed."

Caroline (somewhat confused):  "Coffee?  Ok."

Fast forward a little.

3am Sunday morning.

Caroline comes into my room.

Wakes me.  Needs drink.

I get her water.

She throws a fit.

I have to lay down in her bed with her to go back to sleep.

I slept TERRIBLE.

6am.

Emma starts screaming and running through the house looking for me.

I ignore her (I am a responsible parent like that).

She finally finds me, plops down on my head and goes back to sleep.

8:30am.

Both kids are awake.

"Mom, I want breakfast."

"Remember, go tell your Dad."

No response.

I fall back asleep (because I am a responsible parent like that).

A few minutes later.

"MOM!  EMMA JUST SPILLED DRINK EVERYWHEREEEEE!"

Mother of all things Holy.

Happy Mother's Day to me!

The Jehovah's Witness slept through it all.

Like a baby.

I then took two children to Walmart to buy tulips.  I was going to buy them earlier but I was scared I would kill them so, I waited.

Little did I know that I would buy broken tulips with mold on them.  Damn.

The girls had HotCakes for breakfast.

I had a coffee.

The Jehovah's Witness slept.

Until almost 11am.

Whatever.

Happy Mother's Day Jehovah's Witness!

I didn't even get a Happy Baby Mama's Day from him.

Nothing.

Nada.

I still love him though.  ;-)

No comments: