Friday, August 13, 2010

YUCK!

What in the world is going on!

I have given a whole new meaning to Friday the 13th.

I should have known when I posted last night and realized that the post number was triple sixes.

Emma woke up at 12am and didn't go back to sleep until 6am. She played. She screamed. She had convulsions in the middle of the living room floor. She almost threw up. Then.... pitter patter comes down the stairs... it's Caroline. Up at 2:30.

Caroline hasn't been back to sleep. Imagine that.

I'm on empty.

27 hours total with one hour of sleep. I'm not cut out for this. Thank God Nescafe Taster's Choice Coffee sticks are though.

When Ryan left for work this morning at 4am, all three of us sat by the door and cried. I even did the oh-so-classy fetal position rocking.

It hasn't gotten much better since that moment.

Emma did sleep from 6am to 11pm.

But then, I burnt the pizza I was cooking us for lunch. Black billowing smoke filled my kitchen.

I walked outside to throw a few items in the recycling (saving the planet one beer can at a time) and I stepped into fire ants. I didn't realize it until it was too late. The top of my foot is already swollen.

Pray that things get better.

Jason and Freddie would be easier to deal with today.

Screw you, Friday the 13th.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Yikes. I would STILL be in a fetal position....

Jamie said...

OMG that is a morning from hell for sure! My day hasn't been great. I mean I'm with you in the no sleep department going on 15 months now but I'd say you've had a terrible day! I hope it has gotten so much better since this post! Hang in there girl. When Ryan gets home just lock yourself in your room and take a 30 minute shower. That's what I do. I get a 30 minute break a day! Gotta love being a SAHM!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Oh no, I hope things get better for you...and quick!

I did not even realize today was Friday the 13th, until now. I have just over an hour left...maybe I should go to bed.