Sunday, April 11, 2010

Randoms

1. The beach makes me happy.

2. So does my little family.

3. Date night Friday night was fun other than the fighting and the not speaking to my husband part. PS- If you know me, you know that I was definitely NOT the one that was not speaking. Stupid fight. It's over now. Thank goodness.

4. We had dinner at Shepard's Point in Morehead. I had a old school spinach salad with the best hot bacon dressing I've ever tasted and for my entree... fried chicken and waffles. This was probably the most fattening meal I've ever eaten. It was different. It was too odd not to order. I'm glad I did but I don't think I've ever order it again.

5. We attended a princess birthday party this weekend. All went well except for a small altercation between my child, the birthday princess, a toy key and the birthday princess' eye. Fun times.

6. We had the awesome opportunity to have two date nights this weekend. Saturday night we headed to one of my all time favorite restaurants, The Flying Shamrock. I had the Killarney Wrap which consisted of Sliced Grilled Chicken with melted Provolone Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato and Buffalo Sauce on a Spinach Flour Tortilla that was warmed in the sandwich press. The meal was complete the an awesome pasta salad. I also ate most of Ryan's Mile High Hot Sauce on my wrap because it was freaking delicious. It is made in a small town near ours and you should try it. If you are not from around here, you can order it online.

7. We watched the Blind Side tonight. Great movie. I cried a little.

8. Caroline went to bed Saturday night at 7:30 and slept till almost 9am Sunday morning. The chick was tired.

9. Bug fell Friday and hurt her knee Friday. It bled a little. She dealt with it well. She was proud of her booboo. Until today, after falling time and time again while playing putt-putt. Blood was running down her leg. Poor thing. Hopefully it will heal soon.

10. Cape Cod's Sweet and spicy Jalapeno chips are my new favorite. Thank you Ryan for introducing me.

11. I still have not received my order from Kelly's Kids. I was told it would ship this past Wednesday. I checked the status of my order Wednesday morning and it backordered even longer. I should cancel but I really want that dress for Caroline. When you see it, you will know why. It is beautiful!
My plan of action is as follows, I will call everyday at 4pm and speak with management about the status of my order. This will ensure that the backorder status will not keep changing. I can make their lives a living hell and by making a late afternoon call everyday... that should get it done. {Big thanks to my friend Jeff for the idea. You are awesome.}

12. On average my children say "Mama" or some form of the word AT LEAST 240,000 times a day. It has become obsessive and major thought is being put toward an effort to change my name. Any ideas are welcome.

13. I am done for tonight. I will write later. My book and bathtub are calling my name.

BUT... I can't leave without sharing a few more pictures.








3 comments:

Laura Marchant said...

The beach makes me happy too! Love the pictures.

Lindsey said...

Such cute pictures!
That food you descibed sounded delish. {drooling a little, still}
And I am so jealous you got date night twice in a weekend!!

Kari said...

I MUST try out BOTH of those places!! The food sounds to die for! Also, I adore the last two shots of your girls!