Thursday, May 14, 2009

I want letter behind my name too.

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago.

I had not been to this super hot doctor in a few years. I was preggers with Caroline when I last went.

Anyway, not going to the doctor for a while equals lots of papers to fill out.

If they asked me once, they asked a million times... "Occupation".

In the spaces, I proudly put SAHM.

I didn't think about it again until the super hot doctor brought it up.

SHD (Super Hot Doctor): "So, it says here you are married. You are 24. You are a... ummmm... what does S-A-H-M mean?"

Me: "Stay at home mom."

Laugher ensued.

Me: "And I'm totally going to start putting those letters behind my name."

He thought this was hilarious.

I was totally serious.

Hailey H. Lafone, SAHM

It makes me sound super important, huh?

7 comments:

Amy said...

love it! you should make yourself a business card

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Important, indeed!

Kari said...

Brilliant. Positively brilliant.

Dana said...

And just who is this super hot doc? I haven't had the pleasure of meeting one of those, all mine are old and ugly......sure would make going to the doctor a little more exciting if they were hot though!

Jamie said...

Sounds like a good idea to me! I will steal those letters once Hayden arrives!
Emma's first tooth is precious and the anaconda story is freaking hilarious, hahahh!

Framed by Grace said...

Thanks for that...I needed a good laugh today! Thanks for your prayers too...I believe they worked...I'll blog about it later...((Hugs))

Ellen said...

You are important indeed. Being a SAHM is one of the hardest jobs on the planet.