Saturday, May 21, 2011

Caroline Happenings


I don't know where she gets it from.

The whole "casually smile as I'm walking on the beach and still look like a movie star" smile.

I, on the other hand, am a freak in front of the camera. I guess that is why I am always behind it. It is better that way.

This Nugget graduates next week.

Her preschool career is over and she is moving on to bigger and better things... aka elementary school.

Where has the time gone?

Scary, right?

We finished the Kindergarten registration process a few weeks ago.

Caroline had to go in and be assessed.

I quizzed for days.

What is your WHOLE name?

What is your address?

What is your birthday?

What is your phone number?

We did math. We did sounds. We.did.it.all.

As she walked in the gym with the teacher that was assessing her, I said a silent prayer that all would end well.

I sat on the grass outside of the gym, staring at 5 other parents that had been there when I walked up.

I made myself comfy...

7 or 8 minutes pass and no one had come out yet.

The door opened and we all look up to see who it is.

Caroline.

Totally not expecting that.

Nugget was done before I thought she had time to begin.

What the hell?

The teacher was all smiles and said she adjusted well. (We had a little episode about going in a strange place with a strange teacher.)

I smiled and thanked the teacher.

I felt eyes burning the back of my head. All of the other parents still waited for there kids. I'm sure they were thinking "why was she so fast?"

I got my thoughts together as we walked to the car.

As Caroline licked her lollipop in the backseat, I took a deep breath and dove right into the questions.

From what she tells me, she had to tell her name and birthday. She had to hop on one foot for 5 seconds. She had to stand on one foot with her eyes closed for 5 seconds. She had to walk on a line. Then the teacher read her a story and asked her questions.

I came home and told Ryan.

"Our child was in and out in NO TIME! I just don't know how they did all of that in 8 minutes. OMG! What are we going to do?"

He didn't seem to think it was strange that she had finished so quickly.

My judgement: She either did AMAZING or they just stamped LD on her folder and moved to the next kid.

You just never know what an extremely smart 4 year old is going to do.

You just have to cross your fingers and say your prayers.

You also have to pray she doesn't say a profanity of any sort.

I'll keep you updated on her student status.

No comments: