Monday, October 25, 2010

ears and bugs don't mix

A few weeks ago... well, October 8th to be exact... I thought I was going to die.

I mean not literally but what happened to me was terrible.

We were getting ready for a party at my mom's house. We were setting up hay bales, tables, fire pits, and all kinds of other fun stuff out in mom's backyard.

I sat down for a minute to talk to Mom and Nana.

That's when it happened. A freaking bug flew in my ear.

I had a massive anxiety attack. It was an awful feeling. I was also freaking out because I watch Untold Stories from the ER. I saw an episode where a june bug flew in a lady's ear. It was terrible.

Anyway, after pouring peroxide in my ear, using the bulb syringe, and blowing in my ear... the stupid bug came out.

It was just a teeny tiny gnat.

I would have sworn that there was a huge bug in there.

It was so loud... like a helicopter.

When it happens, it is almost a claustrophobic feeling. It is almost like you are in a tiny room and can't get out.

You have a bug in your ear, and you can't get it out.

Damn scaphoid ear deformity is to blame. I swear it is. My ear is like a freaking beacon.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Hailey, I saw the same show on Untold Stories, and that lady went crazy!!! I totally understand!

Jamie said...

Makes me cringe to think about it!!!

Kari said...

I can only imagine! I would have freaked out, too!

Laura Marchant said...

Oh my goodness I would have freaked out.