Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Super powers.

Someone recently asked the question, "If you could have any super mom power, what would it be?"

Easily my mind answered, "With just a whisper, I would have the super power to quiet my children whenever I wanted."

They get along for most of the day.

There are certain hours that they decide to fight, scream and kick each other.

In those moments, I wish I could whisper a word and they would hug and get along.

There are so many great things about having children only 26 months apart.

They are close.

They are friends.

They can even wear the same shoes and clothes.

I think the closeness also leads to competitiveness which is a drawback.

And let's be honest, Bug is not fond of sharing her clothes and shoes.  She can't deal with it.

Sisters fight.  Well, most sisters fight no matter how close or far apart in age they are.  The fighting is just too much for me sometimes.

Another part of me wanted to answer the super power question like this, "All moms have super powers whether we know it or not."

Most of the time I can resolve a crisis (I might yell a lot in the process), catch vomit in my hands, stop blood, cook a fabulous dinner, shower in less than 2 minutes, put makeup on in the car, get crafty, remove permanent marker from just about anything, make a meal for myself off of cut sandwich crusts, and multitask like a boss.

I have a million super powers.

I'm not patting myself on the back.  All moms have certain things they never knew they could do before they had children.

But, lets be honest... catching vomit in your hands in pretty damn impressive.

Am I right or am I right??  That has GOT to be a super power.

No comments: