Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Be serious... 34 weeks preggo and running? No thank you.

Excuse me?  Did you see the story in the news about Alysia Montano this past Friday morning?

6 weeks from her due date and the girl ran 800 meters.  Not only did she run 800 meters, she wasn't terribly far from her personal best time.

WTH?

"Thirty-four weeks pregnant, or nearly eight months, Montano ran the 800 meters Thursday in the U.S. track and field championships. The five-time national champion finished in 2 minutes, 32.13 seconds -- nearly 35 seconds slower than her personal best of 1:57.34 in 2010 in Monaco." ESPN

First off, I could barely move when I was pregnant.  I drank Wild Cherry Pepsi & Jungle Juice and ate Nabs, king size Kit-Kats & Snickers.  I barely moved, much less ran anywhere... for any reason.  I could barely put my bra on without running out of breath.

Secondly, I don't know that I could run half a mile and I'm NOT pregnant.  I know there is no way that I would even be close to doing it in 2 minutes 32.13 seconds.

More power to you girl!

Wise words to those pregnant girls out there though... It is totally ok to sit around and eat.  You are only pregnant for 40 weeks.  Gain weight, eat king sized chocolates.  Don't stress.  Let's be serious... we all know if you just breastfeed that weight will drop in no time.  Promise.

No comments: