Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunflowers and vomit. What a combo.




I wanted to take pictures of the girls.  I feel like they get lost in the hustle and bustle of taking pictures for others that I forget my own.

I had the day all planned out.   I should have known that this was a mistake.  NEVER plan anything.

Here were our plans... splash pad and pool with friends in the morning, dinner at a local favorite with my sister, and pictures in the evening around that time the sun was going down.

All went as planned.  I just didn't factor in the heat.

We ate dinner.  It was so hot upstairs where we were sitting.  I am talking super hot.  I got a little nauseous at one point, I had to take a break from eating.

Caroline has the habit of needing to use the restroom when she gets done eating at a restaurant.  I gave her the option, bathroom or a piece of gum.

She chose gum but cried a little about not being able to hang out in the bathroom.  "I have to throw up," she began saying.

Ummm, no.

Gum or bathroom?  Her choice.

She chose, gum.

On the way home she was coughing.  Well, you know what followed?  Vomit.

And lots of it.

I had to pull over in the Dollar General and she threw her guts up.  Dammit.

I hate throw up.

Hate it!

I hadn't worked vomiting into our schedule.

Ugh!

I hate the unplanned.

So here I am in the Dollar General parking lot thinking about the beautiful pictures I had been wanting to take all day.

I consoled Big.  Hoping she would be better for pictures.

Luckily enough, she brought it up first.  "When are we going to the sunflowers?" she asked.

And so we gathered all of our props, dresses, and headed to the sunflower field.

Without further ado, my oldest child.

The baby that just finished vomiting but came home, threw on a dress and was ready for her photo op.

She is growing so fast and I teared up a little bit when I saw these pictures.

Oh my gawd, she looks so grown.

Maybe it is the dress... maybe it is the hair... maybe she is just growing up.

It is sad that she isn't a baby anymore but I am secretly thanking God that she is growing up.  This one is giving me a run for my money.







And the baby.  My Bug.

She is easy... especially compared to her big sister.


And she LOVES her hand on her hip.


Loves it.


I saw the wheat field on the way to the sunflowers.  I thought to myself that it would make the perfect backdrop for pictures.  Of all the wheat fields, we just so happen to find one that hasn't been burned yet.  To me, that is not a coincidence.  Then Big saw it and announced that she wanted her picture made.  She begged me after the sunflowers to stop at the wheat field.  I should have known that was sign.
I stopped.  I got the most amazing pictures of Big... 




And Bug....




Then I got the most amazing pictures of my girls.
My daughters, together.
My beautiful babies.
The babies I always dreamed I would have.

I am such a lucky girl.



3 comments:

Alyx said...

Oh my goodness, these pictures are fabulous!! You have such cute daughters!!
And you didn't plan on vomit? Why in the world not?? ;)

Shayna said...

I love these!!! Absolutely beautiful girls and stellar picture taking, Hailey!!

Heather said...

These pictures are great!!! Two beautiful girls! :)