Sunday, July 22, 2012

Big turns 6

Before You Were Born
by The Slip
----------------------------------------------------------

Before you were born, 
You had it all
All the love and riches in the world



Before you were born, you'd fly along the wind
Then you were born, And now you want it all back again



Before you were born you had no fears
The sun was your smile and the rain was your tears
And nothing grew without the rain



And your smile would never end
Then you were born,
And now you want it all back again



I'll tell you this, I'm glad you were born

Throw another log on desire



And play that mandolin
This chance won't come again



--------------------------------------------

My sweet baby Big turned 6 over the weekend.  SIX!

I just can't get over the fact that I have a six year old.

Of course, I had Windows Movie Maker ready and went to add this song to the slideshow and couldn't find a decent download anywhere.

If you get a second google, Before You Were Born by The Slip.  You may find a live version of Brad Barr singing it.  So good!!

Back to Big being six.

It is amazing how that a little chunky babe can grow and learn so much, so fast.

It seems like yesterday, I was a co-sleeping, breastfeeding maniac running on little sleep.  I would hide in the bathroom and cry because I didn't think it was ever going to get easier.

It hasn't.

It doesn't get easier, you just learn to deal with it.  You learn that there is no right or wrong way to parent.  You do what is best for you and your baby.  You learn that you will make mistakes and that is ok.

Caroline has taught me so much.  I think all first children teach their parents a great deal.  She taught me how to be a mother and continues to surprise me everyday with new challenges (some good, some bad).

She is truly the most amazing 6 year old that I know.

Big,

You were my first love.  We have laughed together, cried together, & practically grown up together.  You are a unique kid and I love you for that.  It is true that "Heaven blew every trumpet and played every horn on the wonderful, marvelous night you were born."  Keep marching to the beat of your own drum.  It makes you so special.  You are amazing... remember that always.  I love you always and forever.  I hope you had the best birthday ever!

xoxo,
Mom



1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a sweet, sassy six year old!!!!! She is gorgeous!!