Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not all it's cracked up to be.

I finally did it.

After two years of waiting, I finally ate at Chipotle.

I promised to blog about my first Chipotle experience. So, here it is.

As many of you know, MckMama eats here often. After reading about her food and looking at the amazing pictures, I have been dying to go.

Every time we go to Raleigh, we always end up eating somewhere else.

This weekend, my sister and I went to the Pinocchio ballet preformed by the Carolina Ballet. The ballet was nothing short of amazing and I can't wait to see another show by the Carolina Ballet. They are amazing dancers.

Anyway, afterwards we decided to shop a little and eat lunch. I thought about Chipotle and all but insisted we eat there. Ha!

I walked in with high hopes.

First bummer... the menu is small.

I had a burrito with chicken, cilantro rice, tomatillo green chili salsa, cheese, sour cream and black beans.

We also shared a bag of chips, salsa, and guacamole.

I must admit that the guacamole was the best of all. It was wonderful.

The burrito was dry and a little bland.

So after two years... I can now say that Bonfire's is so much better.

Chipotle... it's not all that it's cracked up to be. Bummer.

No comments: