Monday, August 15, 2011

Bows.

Before I had children, I was a billy bad ass.

“I am NEVER having children.”

“If I do have kids, they will NEVER watch Barney.”

For the record, that purple dinosaur is still a nutjob in my book.

“My kids will NEVER wear frou frou shit.”

That one has never happened. About as frou frou as I get is Easter and Christmas. I might throw a smocked dress on them if they were under the age of 3.

This was the biggie…

“My children will NEVER, I mean EVER, wear a big bow.”

I’ve eaten my words.

I have a child that loves the frou frou.

If it were up to her, she would wear a dress everyday.

To top it off, she loves wearing her ONE smocked dress.

She completes the outfit with glitter mary janes OR beaded and rhinestone embellished Lelli Kelly shoes.

As if this wasn’t bad enough, she loves a bow.

The bigger the better.

I.am.not.kidding.

I throw up in my mouth a little each times to grabs for one.

As a parent, you learn to let go of the small things.

I just let her do it.

And you know what?

It makes her super happy to have a big bow.

I have to remind myself that it could be worse.

She could look like this…


However, her bows look like this…



It is sweet.

It makes her happy.

All she wants for her birthday is bows.

Let it go, I tell myself all too often.

So, rock that hair bow girl! Rock it like it's nobody’s business.

I will smile and be proud (even if I do have a little throw up in my mouth).

5 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, she's rocking it! And, I love that her doll and magazine picture have one, too!

(PS No bows for Izzy, and then Nat got them!)

Heather said...

I love her bows!!! Reagan doesn't leave the house without one! :)

Kari said...

I don't do the big bows either. But, I do love bows, and my girls like them too! And Emma does look so sweet! With or without bows!

Neila said...

I love smocked dresses and I love hair bows. Tap into your inner girly girl. The bigger the bow, the closer to God!

Ellen said...

I almost thought that you and Neila were kindred spirits until this post. Neila LOVES a huge hair bow. I love a hair bow as well but there should be a limit....the bow should not be as big as the head!