Thursday, June 4, 2015

Happy



Scrolling through my Facebook news feed, I came across the quote "There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy."

It made to stop and really think about happiness.

Happiness.

What is it?




Happiness [hap-ee-nis] 
noun
1. the quality or state of being happy.
2. good fortune; pleasure; contentment; joy.


Growing up, happiness was in the simple things.  So I asked myself the question, what simple things make me the most happy?

Here is my part of my list.  Happiness is...

* The sound of my kids getting along

* When I find a bottle of wine in my refrigerator

* Getting a new Anthropologie catalog in the mail.  It is so crisp and smells so good.  I hate to even crack it open for the first time.




* Extra sauce on a pizza

* The sound of the waves

* Finding miniature seashells

* Cold coffee

* My husband's beard

* New sheets

* Finding a ladybug

* Salt air

* Chocolate

My list of the happiness could go on forever.

I look at the life we have made in the last 9 years and I am just... happy.

Simply happy.


Mama’s Losin’ It

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

When I find a bottle of wine in my refrigerator -- can I get an amen?!
That is like a very good day when that happens. Wait...what does that say about me?
I have a mental illness and part of my recovery is to find the happy in places that you might overlook, just like the things you pointed out like a lady bug.
I really enjoyed your list :)
Now I'm off to see if I can discover happy in my fridge.

KatBouska said...

Sometimes it's the littlest of things that do it for us. The sound of my kids getting along is definitely a wonderful feeling!