Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Randoms

1. We are back from vacation. Yuck is all I have to say. Home is so... boring.

2. My google reader is overflowing and it stresses me out.

3. I sat here last night reading a lot of blogs. I came to Megan's and found out that baby Cohen has been born. He is a week old today. You can click here to read her blog. You can also click here to grab Cohen's button. If you have twitter, here is her twitter account. Please keep baby Cohen and his family in your prayers. They need all the prayers they can get right now. The blog world is full of prayer warriors. That is always a good thing.

4. My children did not want to leave the beach. Caroline had a meltdown before we left. It was not cute.

5. Caroline came to me this morning with my little rollerball of perfume. She handed it to me and said, "Here Mom. Me and Bug put this allllll over our bodies." They smelled like Clinique Happy even after their bath last night.

6. We took the girls to play putt-putt while we were on vacation. With my help, Caroline hit a hole in one. Ryan was so proud.




7. The weekend came too quickly. It was a good weekend despite the fact that it was the end of vacation for us. My dad and Ryan went fishing. They caught 10 dolphin. Here is a picture of them with a few.




8. Speaking of fish, Morehead has The Big Rock Blue Marlin Tournament every year. It is always a good time and watching a weigh-in is unbelievable. Last night, a boat brought in the first blue marlin. That in itself won them $318,750. When they threw the fish on the scale, it weighed 883 lbs! The biggest fish to ever be caught in the tournament. That, my friends, is amazing! Now, we just have to wait and see if anyone catches anything bigger. The outcome? Very unlikely.


That car of a fish makes Dad and Ryan's fish look like bait. ;-)

9. In the past two weeks, I have noticed that my family says the most hilarious things.
Nana was telling Caroline the story of Cinderella. She got to the part where the Fairy Godmother is changing Cinderella's rags into a beautiful gown. Nana said, "And the Fairy Godmother said "Yabba dabba doo!" and Cinderella wore the most beautiful ballgown..." Nana, really? She said yabba dabba doo? Or was that Fred Flintstone?

We went to a club at the beach a few weekends ago to hear a band that was playing. My uncle is using the band for his rehearsal dinner and we wanted to hear them in person. So, me, Ryan, my Mom, Dad, and Lesley (aunt) went. It was a good time... in a club with two 45 year olds and a 40 year old. Anyway, before we left to go out Lesley started singing... "Everybody in the club gettin' fit..." Ummm, yeah. It is "Everybody in the club gettin' TIPSY! What kind of club would they be singing about getting fit? That doesn't even make sense." Lesley said, "I always thought they were talking about a health club."

10. Potty training bootcamp has begun. Yesterday... Bug tee-teed in the potty one time. We had lots of accidents including but not limited to one major poop disaster. Today so far we have had no accidents, two tee-tees in the potty, and one poopie in the potty. Fingers crossed that today goes well. So far so good but it is only 10:30am.

11. I'm reading Breaking Dawn. I can't put it down. It's so good! Was this book anyone else's favorite?

12. That's all for now. My children are sucking the life out of me this morning. I cannot even complete a thought much less a sentence. I have a feeling it is going to be a long day.

I will leave you with a few pictures from the week...






NOTE: Yes, my children had tattoos of a duck and a penguin on their belly. Yes, they have a terrible tan line from them too. In case you didn't get the memo, belly tattoos are hot!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Glad you are back and posting again!

I couldn't put Breaking Dawn down either. Although it was pretty ridiculous at some points, I just had to know how it ended.

Jamie said...

hahhaha those tattoos are AWESOME!

Lelia♥ said...

Ha ha, I guess I didnt get that memo.. maybe I should consider getting one myself!

Anonymous said...

Belly Tattoos! Now that's a trend I've not heard of yet. Leave it to C and E to make it hot! So glad yall had fun. I hate going on vacation just to get back and miss your "other" life. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see the kids, but really.... really! Can I go backkkk? Lets get this kiddos together sometime to liven things up a bit. We're bored too. Its too hot to go out. It sucks.