Thursday, April 29, 2010

Carolina, Big, Sweet Caroline


Sweet Caroline,

Before you were born, we dreamed of who you would be. I prayed that you would be strong and independent. Well guess what? God granted me my wish.

You, my sweet girl, are a breath of fresh air. You march to the beat of your own drum. No one can stop you. You try not to walk in a straight line just so no one can keep up with you.

Strong. We say the sky is blue and you, sweet girl, will do everything in your power to prove to us that it is purple. You are inquisitive and determined.

You are silly and full of spunk. You have issues with strangers though. You have a nervous habit of putting your fingers in your mouth when someone speaks to you. Your billy bad ass until a stranger says hello.

You make me want to pull my hair out. You are just like me. You stand your ground and never let up. The latter, you get from your Aunt Anna.

Sweet Caroline, you are smart and beautiful. Thank you for keeping us on our toes. I always wanted to be a ballet dancer. Guess what? Yet again, my wish was granted when you were born.

1 comment:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

What a sweet, sweet letter.

And, what is it about that hands in the mouth thing? Izzy does that, too!