Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me! Monday.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not take Emma out of her carseat at the doctors office to find Caroline's little red play-doh knife. What a wonderful mother I appeared to be... pulling a little red knife out of my infant's carseat.

I did not practice my cat-walk while singing and dancing... oh, and babywearing.

Caroline did not stand and watch me like I was crazy.

We did not tour a preschool for Caroline.

We did not decide to put her in the preschool.

She does not start on Wednesday.

Last night I did not make an excellent potato salad for the first time.

While cleaning up the kitchen, I did not ask the hubs to empty a plate. When he tried to hand it to me, I did not point to the dishwasher (that was already open) and say, "Just put it right there." I did not just carelessly point to wherever. The hubs did not put the plate on the open door of the dishwasher. Nope NOT him... because he is always so very smart and he would have understood that I meant for him to put the plate in the actual dishwasher NOT on the door.

I did not spend the rainy Sunday watching Juno with the hubs while both kids slept.

I did not cook collards for the first time.


They did not turn out great.

I was not surprised... neither was the hubs.

I did not wear Emma almost every night this week from about 6 to 8 pm. This is not her fussy time. I do not believe that my HotSling, Baby Bjorn and Belle Baby Carrier are some of the greatest inventions on the face of the Earth.


I did not flip when I saw this the other day. It was not 70 degrees on Christmas and now it feels like it is 6. Whatever. I do not hate cold weather.


I did not write this post at 12:30 am. Nope, not me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be back next Monday for more Not Me's.

5 comments:

Haley Nicodemus said...

First of all, good job carrying Emma around with a red knife!

Second, will you email me how to make collards? I've been wanting to make them, but I don't have the slightest clue how.

Third, I wish we would get some rain. The kind where there are lots of thunder and lightning. I love a good storm every once in a while.

Haley Nicodemus said...

One more thing, is this the first time Caroline has gone to school/day care?

Emily said...

ok... I want your pototoe salad recipe.. that sounds super yummy right now! I bet carrying emma around is good for you! I cant wait for have a baby to wear and now just a dog.. halley might be jealous tho!!! How many days a week is caroline going to preschool??

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, Emma in that sling is just precious!

And, collard greens...yuck!

Love your not mes as usual.

Caroline WILL NOT love her preschool.

Wayne said...

great not me monday. ANd congrats on the great first potato salad