Monday, November 29, 2010

Monday Randoms

1. I'm back.

2. Brandon's wedding is over. Thanksgiving is done. Maybe after Christmas I will get back into blogging every single day. Until then, you will have to deal with BS in spells.

3. Thanksgiving was delicious! Nana did a fabulous job. I ate and ate and ate and ate more. It was ridiculous.

4. I got the girls Christmas tree up. It is my favorite tree. I love it! White tree, color lights, lots of glitter, lots of pink, purple, blue, and silver. It is perfect!

5. I decided to put a Christmas tree in my bedroom this year. I LOVE Christmas trees. We had two extra small 6ft fake trees so I decided to put one of them to good use. Ryan came home, walked in our room and was all "Why the hell is there a Christmas tree in my bedroom?" I, of course, ignored him. I know that he secretly enjoys laying in bed watching TV with the Christmas list glistening over in the corner.

6. Speaking of Christmas, I have heard a lot of people post about "Xmas" and how much they dislike it. I went through this last year. I didn't understand where the X in Xmas would come from. I just didn't believe someone would cruelly take Christ's name out of Christmas. So, I did a little research to find out how Xmas even came about. I may have posted this last year. If so, bear with me. I will share it again.
The X in Xmas is actually the Greek letter Chi, which was a common abbreviation of Kristos, Christ's name. Now, I know you are saying "Kristos" does not begin with an X. Yes, you are right. However, Kristos written using the Roman and Greek alphabet start with an X.
Anyway, just a little trivia I thought I would share. Now, whenever I see "Xmas", it doesn't bother me as much. I know most people are just lazy or are trying to make a political statement by writing it that way. However, that X stands for so much more in my eyes. Without Him, there would be no reason for the season.

7. Do you think Santa can bring me a new car?

8. I hate cold weather. Just hate it.

9. We had turkey hash at Thanksgiving dinner. As a child, it was one of my favorite foods. Anyway, Caroline in now in love with turkey hash. She affectionately refers to it as "turkey rash".

10. Jack, our Elf on a Shelf, came to stay with us. He came the day after Thanksgiving. Caroline was good for a day.

11. I wonder if Santa can bring me implants a pair of Louboutins?

12. Speaking of the god of shoes... have you seen his collection of shoes for Barbie? I need them.

13. William Rast is getting ready to release a line at Target. I am pumped. You know they are my favorite jeans EVER! Hopefully there will be a few pairs in the collection.

14. Emma hates the camera. How am I suppose to get a Christmas card picture?

15. I haven't started Christmas shopping yet.

16. I haven't put up my real tree yet.

17. I am super prepared for Christmas.

18. What's on your Christmas list?

19. I am hosting Bunco Thursday night. If you live in our area and are up for playing, comment or message me. You don't need to know how to play. We will teach you. We need 2 more subs. We can play with ghosts but it is better with people. I promise it will be a good time.

20. I am off to bed. It was a long weekend. Yayy for preschool tomorrow!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Niko our Elf on the Shelf came to stay with us too. My daughter was good for about 5 minutes and was over it. Lol. Im with you!

Good luck this season. Shall santa bring the girls coal?

xo
-K