Friday, May 29, 2015

Like... ever.

Someone recently asked if I was going to EVER blog again... like ever??

Part of me answered no.  Honestly, I think I may have even said "no" out loud.


No... because my kids are grown.


No... because my kids read my blog.  Yes, Big googles her name and finds my blog *palm to forehead*.


No... because now the cute stories are not so cute.  The cute stories are now stories of my older children doing not so cute things anymore.


As all of these nos ran through my head and some ran out of my mouth I remembered why I started blogging in the beginning.


I began blogging to keep a sort of scrapbook of my kids lives.  I look back at writings now that I am so glad I wrote down because I didn't remember them happening.


I also started blogging because I was extremely tired of feeling the pressure of being a "perfect" parent.  I wanted people to know that we all mess up.  We all have days that we lay down in the floor and cry.


I felt like sharing my stories of the craziness that I call my life, I would somehow make other moms feel like less of a failure as a parent.


It is always good to know that there are other people in the world going through the exact same thing you are.


So... my answer is now yes.


Yes... I will tell you my stories.  To remind you that we all go through it.  I will write them to remind myself in 7 years (when Big is 16) what my life was like when my kids were 6 & 8.


Some stories will be happy, some will be sad, some will be mad.  It will be a rollercoaster of emotion.  Just promise me, no judgement.  Parenting is hard.  We don't always get it right.  So don't judge my stories like... ever.


Xoxo

No comments: